The term “you”, “your”, and “User” or similar terms means the person accessing or using the Website. The terms “us”, “we” and “our” refer to the DIFC Wills Service.
Appointment means an electronic request for a service from the User to use the Wills Service, as available from time to time, in the Appointments section.
Advance Booking Fee means the associated fees payable by the User for the booking of an Appointment in advance.
E-Commerce Internet Payment Services means an electronic payment system which enables the User to conduct account and/or credit card transactions to the account of the Wills Service via the Internet.
Individual means a natural or legal person who is utilizing any of the Services Offered by the Wills Service.
Merchant Bank refers to the Wills Service’s bank accepting payment for services via the Website.
Payment means a fund transfer from the User’s bank account and/or Credit Card to the Wills Service Accounts.
User means any user of the Wills Service’s Website, including the E-Commerce Internet Payment Services on the Website.
Website or “Site” means the Wills Service’s website, www.difcwills.ae.
Words importing only the singular shall include the plural and vice versa, and words importing any gender shall include all genders.
2. User Obligations
1. Acceptable Use: This Website is designed to provide Users with a range of information concerning (i) the services we offer; (ii) our team; (iii) the mandate of the DIFC Wills Service; (iv) the DIFC Wills and Probate Registry Rules and ongoing legal developments (public consultations); (v) other materials concerning our service; and (vi) appointment booking option for using our services via online payment. This Website may be used only for its lawful and intended purposes.
2. Eligibility: Our Website is not intended for the use of minors, and the Wills Service will not allow Users we know to be under 21 years of age to perform transactions on the Site.
3. Transmission of Information: The User is responsible for their own communications, including the transmission and uploading of information and is responsible for the consequences of such communications to the Site. The User is solely responsible for the accuracy and correctness of all information and details transmitted via the Website. The User shall be solely responsible for providing beneficiary details for any Transaction. The Wills Service will not be liable for any non-payment as a result of any error in the information submitted by the User or or otherwise in any failure or delay in payment. Errors in inputted information may result in delays in service, as an Appointment will only be confirmed once the required payment has been successfully made.
3. Payment Methods, Delivery, Cancellation and Refund Policy
1. Methods of Payment: We accept payment for our services, by credit or debit cards, both online via our E-Commerce Online Payment Service, and in person at our offices. Payment for upfront Appointment Booking Fees (as indicated in the Appointments Fee Schedule at www.difcwills.ae/appointments) should be made online, though the DIFC Wills Service may make discretionary accommodations upon request. All credit and debit card details and personally identifiable information will not be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties. The card holder should ideally be one of the testators or their legal representative. All fees are paid in UAE Dirhams (AED) only, unless payment is made by a foreign card and the card holder has elected to pay in a foreign currency. We accept credit cards issued in countries as specified in the payment process. We also accept bank wire transfer with associated confirmation number, cash, or cheque made payable to the Wills Service, for the remaining balance of fees (if any).
We currently accept the following credit cards:
2. Fees and Charges: If the User uses a credit or debit card to make a payment via the Wills Service Website and/or in person at our offices, the User accepts that they may be subject to fees which may be imposed by their own card issuing bank. User making a payment are not liable to pay any fees or charges imposed by the Wills Service’s merchant bank for the transaction.
3. Online Payment in Foreign Currency: Currency rates are based on several publicly available sources (or: based on the Merchant Bank’s daily applicable rates). The accuracy of such rates is not verified, and actual rates may vary. Currency quotes are updated every day by the Merchant Bank and/or by your card issuing bank. The Wills Service assumes no liability or responsibility for currency rates and currency exchange charges, in the event your bank or the Merchant Bank impose such charges on the Cardholder during the course of the transaction.
4. Delivery Policy: The Wills Service will deliver the requested services to the User at time of the Appointment at the Wills Service. If services requested are only partially paid for at the time of their appointment at the Wills Service, the User will pay any outstanding balance owed at that time. The Wills Service reserves the right to postpone or deny an application for a specific service and the delivery of such service if the application does not comply with the DIFC Wills and Probate Registry Rules and DIFC laws. If a service is denied, the Wills Service will fully refund the User for any Advance Booking Fees paid.
5. Cancellations: Registered Users may cancel or modify an Appointment on the “My Account” section of the Wills Service Website. Users automatically receive an e-mail containing log-in details for use of the “My Account” section when they book an Appointment online. Please note that Users may modify an appointment a maximum of three times without being charged any additional Booking Fee. Upon the fourth modification of an existing appointment Users will be required to pay an additional Booking Fee. Users may cancel a booking online through the “My Account” section of the Website, or by e-mail with instructions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Users will not be entitled to a refund for any Advance Booking Fees paid and will only be entitled to a refund of any full payments made, excluding the Booking Fee, if a cancellation is made (meaning, the User decided not to use the services of the WPR). If a User chooses to cancel a booking, the User will be contacted by one of our Compliance Officers to arrange for a refund of any full payments made (excluding the Booking Fee). Users experiencing difficulties cancelling or modifying a booking should immediately contact the Wills Service directly at the coordinates in Section 10.
6. Refunds: In the event of an Appointment cancellation all service payments made, excluding the Booking Fee, shall be reimbursed to the User. Any refunded amounts shall be returned through the original method of payment. Users should expect a processing time of 14 business days for a refund to be credited. Users with foreign credit cards may experience longer delays for refund crediting. In the event of a denial of services by the Wills Service during an appointment with no subsequent appointment rescheduling, the amount paid shall be reimbursed to the User, with a of Booking fees. The Wills Service will not issue refunds for services after they have been provided. The current fees charged by the Wills Service can be found at www.difcwills.ae/fees.
7. Dispute Management: If a User wishes to dispute a charge or make a complaint about a service provided to them by the Wills Service, they may e-mail email@example.com, or telephone the Wills Service at the coordinates in Section 10.
8. OFAC Disclaimer: The Wills Service (www.difcwills.ae) will NOT deal or provide any services or products to any of OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) sanctions countries, in accordance with the law of the UAE.
4. Online Payments
The following terms pertain to any purchases made by Users making online payments for purchases using the E-Commerce (E-Gateway) Online Payment Services on the Wills Service Website.
1. Eligibility: Any User who has an accepted Account or Credit Card and is eligible to access and utilize the services of the Wills Service (see the Rules: www.difcwills.ae/rules), and subject to its discretion, is eligible to apply for E-Commerce Internet Payment Services. The User accepts that the Wills Service has the right to refuse any appointment request and payment, and may at any time at its own discretion disable the access to the E-Commerce Internet Payment Services.
3.SSL Security information: To ensure secure online payment and all other transactions of personal data, the Website uses a technology called SSL (Secure Socket Layer). SSL encrypts all communications between your computer and our server so that the information can only be read and understood by us. Usually a closed lock on your browser window shows a secure connection. For further information, please consult your browser’s security specifications. If your browser is equipped with SSL your transaction will automatically be secured. The common Internet standard to signal a secure site is a closed lock at the bottom of the browser. As long as the lock is displayed closed your information is secure and encrypted to avoid abuse. If you click the secure transaction link and still cannot see the closed lock, the reason may be that the window is in nested in another frame. To check that you have a secure connection (in Internet Explorer), click the right mouse button and properties, then certificates. You will see if the connection is secure or not. Another way (in Netscape Navigator) is to click the right mouse button and ‘view frame info’ at the bottom of the text you will see security information.
4. Assumption of Risk: The User should bear in mind that the submission of information over the Internet is never entirely secure, and that neither the DIFC Wills Service, nor its Merchant Bank can guarantee the security of the information submitted via E-Commerce Online Payment Services whilst it is in transit over the Internet and any such submission is at the risk of the User.
5. Warranty and Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, THE WILLS SERVICE (AND THOSE THAT THE DIFC WILLS SERVICE WORKS WITH TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES) (A) DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED CONCERNING THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE GENERAL SITE EXCEPT FOR THE PUBLISHED RULES; (B) DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE WEBSITE SERVICES, INCLUDING ACCESS TO THE E-COMMERCE ONLINE PAYMENT SERVICES WILL FUNCTION WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR ERRORS, AND (C) PROVIDES THE SERVICE (INCLUDING CONTENT AND INFORMATION) ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. THE WILLS SERVICE DOES NOT OFFER ANY WARRANTY OR REMEDIES FOR THE INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF ACCESS TO ITS SERVICES OR THIS WEBSITE. USERS ACCESSING THIS INFORMATION ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE USE OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE AND UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE WILLS SERVICE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CLAIM, LOSS, OR DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE INFORMATION. FURTHER TO THIS, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE WILLS SERVICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER ASPECTS OF THIS AGREEMENT. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE DIFC WILLS SERVICE BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE, LOSS, OR INJURY RESULTING FROM HACKING, TAMPERING, OR OTHER UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR USE OF THE SERVICES OR YOUR ACCOUNT OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
2. Severability: Each provision of this Agreement is severable. If any provision of this Agreement is or being illegal, invalid, or unenforceable, the illegality, invalidity, or unenforceability of that provision will not affect the legality, validity, or enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Agreement.
3. Nature of Relationship: The User agrees that no joint venture, partnership, employment, agency agreement exists between you and the Wills Service as a result of this Agreement or use of the Site.
5. Entire Agreement: These Terms constitute an entire agreement between the User and the Wills Service, and supersede any prior agreements between the User and the Wills Service.
8. Copyright and Disclaimer
The materials published on this website are unless otherwise stated the copyright works of Wills Service or another DIFC Dispute Resolution Authority entity. Users may make copies of materials published on this Website for their personal and not-for-profit use. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the content of the published material and the copyright notices must remain intact, any communication of the content must not be misleading or inaccurate, and a copy of this Copyright and Disclaimer must accompany any copies of the materials which may be circulated. Users may not create a link to any part of this Website nor republish any content or material available on the Website on any other site or alert-service without prior written consent. Consent may be requested by contacting the Wills Service offices at the coordinates found in Section 10.
The information presented on our General Site is provided as a courtesy by the Wills Service and intended for the purposes of providing general information only, and do not constitute a substitute for legal or other professional advice. Neither the DIFC Wills Service nor any other DIFC Dispute Resolution Authority (DRA) entity accepts any responsibility for any loss which may arise from reliance on information published on this site. Users that have, or suspect to have a legal problem should consult a lawyer/legal practitioner for legal advice.
9. Notification of Changes
10. Site Administration and Contact
The Wills Service is committed to providing its users with services of the highest quality. If you have comments or questions about the administration of our Website, or any of our services, please contact us at the following coordinates.
DIFC Wills Service
Dubai International Financial Centre
Level 3, Precinct Building 5 (South)
The Gate District
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Phone No. +971(0) 4 404 4488
11. Effective Date and Legal Notice
The original effective date of this Agreement is 1 February 2017.
Copyright 2018. The DIFC Wills Service.